Danny’s Top 5 Favorite ’80s Songs
First of all, let me start out by saying I LOVE the '80s! Everything from '80s music to '80s movies and let's not forget about '80s fashion trends. And what about BIG HAIR!
Those were the best times during one of the best decades ever!
This weekend on WFMK, it's a Feel Good '80s weekend featuring non-stop '80s hits while you grill and chill and stream us live with our free 99.1 WFMK app.
In honor of that, are you ready for my top 5 favorite '80s songs?
1. Billie Jean from 1982. This is one of my all time favorite songs from Michael Jackson. Not only is it a great song, this is the song that created the Moonwalk performed by Michael on stage during the Grammys. And one of the best videos on MTV back in the '80s.
2. Jump by Van Halen in 1983. If there was one song that could get me going, it was Jump. The chemistry between David Lee Roth and the rest of the group was very energizing and fun to watch. Jump was one of the most watched videos on MTV as well. This was Van Halen's first #1 hit, and their only #1 with David Lee Roth.
3. All Night Long by Lionel Richie from 1983. Lionel Richie has always been a very talented singer. He used to be with the Commodores and then focused on a solo career. Lionel Richie earned many Grammy awards over the years. I saw Lionel Richie put on a show back in the '80s and it was one of the best shows ever.
4. Here I Go Again by White Snake from 1982. Here's another great '80s song that I love to crank up on my speakers at home or in the car. David Coverdale is an English rock singer best known for his work with Whitesnake. This band achieved multi-platinum success in 1987 with their self titled album Whitesnake. It seemed like all girls had a huge crush on David Coverdale.
5. Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds from 1985. Another one of my favorites. This song comes from the Breakfast Club movie soundtrack. Simply put, it's a great song to listen to. I like this song because it's a reminder to not forget about someone who was or is a part of your life.
That wraps up my top 5 favorite '80s songs. There were so many great songs that came out of the '80s. We will never forget one of the best decades of music and to this day, I still love to hear those songs on the radio.
If you're a fan of '80s music like we are, make sure to listen to our '80s Feel Good Weekend, which starts this Friday! If you have our app on your phone, you can listen no matter where you are.