How To Get The Most Out Of Amazon “Prime Day”
Prime Day is similar to black Friday or Cyber Monday only instead of getting good deals everywhere else, you get them on Amazon!
It's safe to say Amazon has pretty much anything you could possibly need anyways...except a good dress with flames on it for my Halloween costume...but that's besides the point.
Amazon was there for us during the great quarantine of 2020. Too many of us spent too much money and maybe got a few too many things, but it kept us sane.
However, "Prime Day" usually happens a bit earlier than October, but COVID kind of changed that too.
I remember my biggest "Prime Day" score happened right after I graduated college. I was about to move and no longer needed the giant desk I had so I hopped on Amazon and searched for something a bit smaller I could prop a mirror on and use as more of a vanity. I found one that was on sale from its original $200 price, then because I was a Prime member, I got extra discounts and free shipping. In the end, I got a $200 desk for about $75!
Whether you are trying to score on things you need for your home, things you've had your eye on for a while or simply just treating yourself to a shopping spree, here are some tips to make sure you get the most out of Prime Day you can:
- Sign up for Amazon Prime - That's kind of the point, right? According to PCmag memberships are $119 per year, $12.99 per month or you can try out the 30-day free trial as a first-time sign-up.
- Streamline - Add things to your cart ahead of time so you can just click once and it's done! PCmag also says it's a quick way to see if any of your "must-haves" are discounted.
- Keep an open mind - If something you, specifically, want is not on sale there are probably at least a couple hundred other options for something similar!
- ALWAYS check reviews - This is honestly a tip for shopping on Amazon any time of the year but on Prime Day, when deals seem "too good to be true" you don't want to be actually right.
- Utilize Alexa - Alexa can do more than just use her skills to stream our app for you! "Consider giving Alexa a try if you already have an Amazon device in your home," says PCmag. "Amazon is encouraging Prime members to ask 'Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?' As an incentive, new Prime members who sign up for Prime using an Echo device (“Alexa, sign me up for Prime") will receive a $5 Amazon credit."
- Don't panic - sure, it may seem like the pressure is on to get that good deal, just remember, we are going into the holidays. There's still Black Friday and Cyber Monday to fall back on. Just keep calm and shop on!
While you're at it on Amazon today, check out some fun masks to add to your collection!