Reduced Pet Adoption Fees at ‘Empty The Shelters’ Now Through May 8
Been looking to bring a furry family member into your home? You'll find reduced adoption fees at Bissell's Empty the Shelters May 2 through May 8!
Bissell Pet Foundation is sponsoring reduced adoption fees of $25 or less per dog or cat to help pets find loving homes. This event will be hosted nationwide in more than 275 shelters across 40 states, including Michigan.
Since Empty the Shelters began in 2016, the program has helped 83,055 animals find homes.
More than 40 locations across Michigan are participating in Empty the Shelters May 2-8, 2022.
West Michigan shelters include:
- Kent County Animal Shelter - 740 Fuller NE, Grand Rapids
- Humane Society of West Michigan - 3077 Wilson Ave. NW, Grand Rapids
- Crash's Landing - 3433 River Hill, Grand Rapids
- Harbor Humane Society - 14345 Bagely St., West Olive
- Wishbone Pet Rescue Alliance - 2293 33rd St., Allegan
- Ionia County Animal Shelter - 3835 Sparrow Dr., Ionia
- Heaven Can Wait Animal Shelter- Pet Supplies Plus and Petco, Norton Shores
- Humane Society and Animal Rescue of Muskegon County - 2640 Marquette Ave., Muskegon
- Van Buren County Animal Control - 58040 CR 681, Hartford
- Al-Van Humane Society - 07591 Blue Star Highway, South Haven
You can find more participating shelters here.
Note that shelter requirements vary per location. You're advised to contact the shelter directly to complete an adoption application and to learn more about their adoption process.
If you’re unable to adopt, but still want to help, you can donate to the ETS fund, where 100% of your contribution will help a shelter pet find a forever home.