AUDIO: What’s It Like For A Michigan Instacart Shopper Now?
Stay home, stay safe. That's first and foremost.
You can still get around to go do the essential things. Like grocery shopping. But realistically, you don't even have to leave the house to do that. In the age of the coronavirus, a lot of folks are taking advantage of delivery and pickup with their local grocery stores.
In Michigan you have several options.
Meijer, Kroger, Walmart, Target and Aldi offer grocery delivery and pickup. Online shopping at all five stores can be done either online or by app. (LSJ)
We spoke with Mid-Michigan grocery store worker Vickie who does SHIPT stock and INSTACART shopping. She let us know how it's going and what it's like out there on the front line of grocery delivery and shopping for others.
Here's a short list of tips for people looking to order through grocery delivery services:
- Leave delivery instructions for your shopper.
- Schedule delivery times as early in the morning as possible so the shelves are stocked when your shopper is there.
- Remember: shoppers are doing the best they can to get what you ordered, but the item is not always in-stock.
- If your delivery is coming after the sun goes down, leave your porch light on so your shopper can see your house number.
- Keep an eye out for messages from your shopper about delivery time and substitutions that may need to be made (LSJ)
Be kind. Be patient. Say thank you. We all need each other. And that's the only way we're going to get through this. Together.