Top 5 Things on my Memorial Day Weekend Agenda
Everyone is looking forward to a 3-day weekend, including me. This weekend we celebrate another Memorial Day weekend with lots to do.
As you know, Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for mourning the U.S. military personnel who have died while serving in the United States armed forces.
First thing my wife and I are going to do is attend a Memorial Day event. Most likely we'll go to a Memorial Day parade somewhere in the Greater Lansing area.
After that, it's time to get busy outside in our yard. Here's my list of the top 5 things on my Memorial Day weekend agenda:
1. Landscaping. We are almost done with our landscaping ideas for the backyard. We only have one more thing to do and we'll have that project completed.
2. Finish painting our shed. I've already painted the trim around the shed and all that's left is painting the exterior walls.
3. Plan a family BBQ to celebrate Memorial Day. That's a given. You didn't think I was going to work all weekend long did you? This is my favorite part of the weekend, grilling out hamburgers, hotdogs, steak and chicken.
4. Lake Lansing. Monday's high temperature is going to be in the upper '80s. Lake Lansing in Haslett is the perfect spot for swimming, playing volleyball, and there's an ice cream store nearby for a nice treat.
5. Summer vacation. We're going to start coming up with ideas on where to go for summer vacation. Most likely it will be somewhere right here in Michigan.
What are your top 5 things to do this Memorial Day weekend? Whatever they are, have fun!