LSO Kids Is Back – A FREE Online Music Education Program
Kids, music, and the arts go hand in hand. Put an instrument in a child's hands and watch their eyes light up. The sounds they can create fascinate them. And that fascination can lead to endless possibilities. When I was younger, my grandmother encouraged me to learn piano. I then played coronet in junior high school. I didn't take it as far as some of my friends did. But you never know what path it might lead your child to.
Our friends at the Lansing Symphony Orchestra have an amazing program that they are bringing back called LSO Kids. It just might be the introduction your kids need to music and the arts. It's virtual and it's free.
We are thrilled to announce the return of LSO Kids! This exciting series provides the children in our community the chance to continue their music education during this difficult time. A new video featuring an LSO musician sharing their instrument, the exciting world of music, and their experience as a professional musician will be released every Tuesday from March through May. Please stay tuned for the next LSO Kids video premiering on March 16th! (Lansing Symphony)
Free, fun, virtual musical education for you and the kiddos.
The premiere episode is above and the schedule for the rest of March - May is below.
- March 23 LSO Cellist, Stefan Koch
- March 30 LSO Principal Clarinetist, Guy Yehuda
- April 6 LSO Principal Trombonist, Ava Ordman
- April 13 LSO Composer in Residence, Patrick Harlin part 1
- April 20 LSO Composer in Residence, Patrick Harlin part 2
- April 27 LSO Principal Keyboardist, Patrick Johnson
- May 4 LSO principal Bassist, Ed Fedewa
- May 11 LSO Bassoonist, Michael Kroth
- May 18 LSO Principal Tubist, Phil Sinder (Lansing Symphony)
READ MORE: 50 resources to help you educate your kids at home
KEEP READING: 50 activities to keep kids busy this summer
Celebrity Kids Who Look Exactly Like Their Famous Parents