As ridiculous as it sounds, this has become a 'thing' at my home.

What are these called?


I grew up calling them

'whirly birds' my husband,

who is from Wisconsin, calls

them 'whirly gigs' and  my co-worker

calls them 'helicopters' .    Bottom line, I am wondering who is correct (me...just sayin').  We go through this every spring, this year there seems to be more.

Yesterday afternoon, my husband blew the deck off, and then a small breeze hits and boom, the deck is once again filled with these nasty little buggers.

What ever you call them, they are annoying as all get out!  This year seems to be worse than years past.

More From 99.1 WFMK