What Are the Top 5 Most Popular Dishes in Michigan?
Let's get right down to it. What are the top 5 most popular dishes in Michigan? I'm sure that everyone can have their own opinion when it comes to the top 5 most popular dishes in Michigan.
According to tasteatlas.com, here's what they say is the top 5 most popular dishes in Michigan. Let's see if you agree:
5. Michigan Pasty. How many times have you driven up north just to getaway and you had to stop to eat a delicious pasty? Michigan pasty is a traditional specialty of Upper Michigan. A pasty contains a crust that is filled with ground beef, potatoes, carrots, and onions. You can dip it in gravy or ketchup. Believe it or not, I've never had one.
4. Cudighi Sandwich. Cudighi sandwiches are primarily made and served in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. This sandwich is absolutely fantastic. Cudighi sandwiches can be found in most pizza joints and restaurants in the area. Delicious sausage topped with tomato based marinara sauce and mozzarella.
3. Wet Burrito. Who doesn't love a mouth watering wet burrito? "This is very popular in Michigan. It's called wet because it's smothered in red chile sauce, and the whole thing is then topped with heaps of melted cheese." (tasteatlas.com)
2. Coney Dog. I just love a delicious Coney dog. Here's a little history about where the Coney dog originated from. It was actually invented in Michigan. Three businesses claim to be its original birthplace. One of those places happens to be American Coney Island in Detroit. Nothing tastes better than a Coney dog and an ice cold root beer!
1. Detroit Style Pizza. There is nothing more tasty than a Detroit style pizza. This pizza is a square pizza put together by a thick deep dish crisp crust and inverted toppings. Detroit style pizza can be traced back to Buddy's Rendezvous in 1946. it's now available nationwide. (tasteatlas.com)