Top 5 Spots to Get Delicious Pie in Michigan
Pie is one of my favorite desserts. I have two favorite types of pies, chocolate pie and delicious apple pie.
Do you know who makes the best chocolate pie? It's Grand Traverse Pie Company off Jolly Road in Lansing or the one on Grand River in East Lansing.
We most recently celebrated National Pie Day on January 23. Did you and your family have any pie on that special day? (mlive.com)
If you love pie as much as I do, then let's take a look at the top 5 spots to get delicious pie right here in Michigan:
1. Sweetie-licious Bakery Cafe. Located at 108 N. Bridge St. in Dewitt and 435 Ionia Ave SW in Grand Rapids. How delicious is their pie? You will love all of the pies, including Tom's Cherry Cherry Berry. It won the Food Network Pie Challenge in 2009.
2. Rykse & Co: Market and Eatery. Located at 7141 W Q Ave in Kalamazoo. This restaurant and bakery opened in 1986 and serves breakfast and lunch, including a wide variety of pies and other baked goods.
3. Bavarian Inn Restaurant. Located at 713 S. Main St. in Frankenmuth. In the basement of the Bavarian Inn Restaurant you will find a full bakery where dedicated employees are making some delicious treats, including delicious pies.
4. Zingerman's Bakehouse. Located at 3711 Plaza Driver in Ann Arbor. Their signature butter crust pies are flaky, yet moist and made with local ingredients. You may want to try the Rustic apple pie. It's flavored with a hint of cinnamon and large chunks of perfectly cooked Ida Red apples.
5. Grand Traverse Pie Company. 14 locations throughout Michigan including two right here in the Lansing area. Grand Traverse Pie Company offers soups, salads, sandwiches, chicken pot pies, pastries and 15-20 variety of pies at any given time. GT Pie Company has the best pies ever. The signature Cherry Crumb Pie is made with local cherries with a sweet and tart flavor profile.
Let's not stop here, would you like to check out more top spots in Michigan to get delicious pie? (mlive.com)