Top 5 Best Ways to Clean Out Your Garage
If there is one thing I'm good at it's definitely keeping things organized. Not only what's in our home but what's inside our garage as well.
Everyone has a different idea about how to keep things organized. Personally speaking, I can't stand clutter. How can you feel organized if you have lots of junk sitting in your garage and then you do nothing about it?
If a person has too much clutter in their home, garage, or at the office, does that mean their mind is cluttered too? Some would say yes.
Having an uncluttered home and garage helps me feel very organized with my own thoughts.
How many times have you driven past someone's home and noticed parked cars outside of the garage because it's completely full of collected junk that most likely could be thrown away?
Let's take a look at the 5 Best Ways to Clean Out Your Garage, courtesy of budgetdumpster.com:
1. Take everything out. Yes, this is the first thing you need to do. Take everything out of the garage and spend some quality time getting rid of most of it. There's no reason to hang on to junk that you will never use down the road anyway.
2. Decide on what you're going to keep. Let's say you have something in the garage that you will never use, then get rid of it. If it's something that you want to keep, then perhaps it's something you could keep in your shed or the attic. You can always get storage bins, label them and put them in a well organized area.
3. Decide what to do with the garage clutter. You would be amazed at how many items you can donate to various organizations. Goodwill or the Salvation Army are two great choices if you're looking to donate certain items.
4. Deep clean the space. This is absolutely true. Once you clean out the garage, it's time to haul out the cleaning products to help bring it all together. I would wipe down all the walls with cleaning solutions, power spray the garage floor, and I might even put a fresh coat of paint on the ceiling and walls. Painted walls will bring a fresh new look to your newly transformed garage.
5. Get organized. It's time to keep your garage from ever getting cluttered again. The best way to do that is to hang up all your tools on peg boards. Adding shelves and even a workbench with shelves can really help with organizing your belongings. The one thing you don't want to do is start piling things back up again to the point of starting over.
My wife and I have a very well organized garage at home because we are focused on keeping things organized, clean, and everything in between. An organized home and garage is the way to go. Good luck!