Top 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Was 21
It's not really taking anything for granted or taking advantage of other people in life, it's about you and things you should have been more aware of around the age of 21.
Life is always about learning and making mistakes along the way. And there are things I wish I knew when I was 21.
What do we really know about ourselves at the age of 21? All we think about is getting the perfect job so we can make decent money for several reasons. For example: buying a car, finding a great place to live, and extra spending cash for dinner and a movie.
I found this great website called success.com and they give us 21 things I wish I knew when I was 21. I found this very informative and wanted to share 10 of my favorite picks from the article.
1. Be honest with yourself and others. If you're not honest with yourself, how can you be honest with anyone else. This is a hard lesson to learn but it's so true. You will have peace of mind if you focus on being honest and positive with other people.
2. Stop worrying so much about what other people think. There is so much truth to this statement. If you ask 10 people about what they think, you'll get 10 different answers. What really matters is what you think and feel about yourself.
3. Find time to be alone. Couldn't agree more. Just make some time for yourself. Take yourself out to lunch, go to a movie, and if you like to play golf, go play a round of 18 at your favorite golf course.
4. Learn to love change. Even though this has always been somewhat difficult for me, it's important to adapt to change because that's the one thing you can count on in life. Learn to except change and be ok with it.
5. Meet as many new people as you can. This can always be a good thing and remember, treat others as you would like to be treated. Meeting new people can bring new light and ideas and be a good learning experience.
6. Make people feel good. Whenever you get the chance, compliment someone. Just one compliment can go a long way and really make someone feel good inside. I try to do this at least once or twice a day.
7. Learn to love yourself. No one said this was ever easy but it is true. Learning to love yourself completely makes you very unique. Give yourself a compliment everyday and run with it.
8. Enjoy the journey. Focus on your goals in life and try to reach them. Sure there are wins and failures but what's life without a few challenges along the way. Keep your head down and keep reaching for gold.
9. Be a mentor. One of the best things you can do in life is be a mentor. Once you're at the top of your game, step back down the ladder and help someone reach the top with their goals.
10. Find something challenging you love doing. Finding something in life that you are really passionate about is very rewarding. If you like flipping homes and you're good at it, stay with it. Love what you do because the payoff is worth it.
CHECK IT OUT: Here Are the 77 Most '70s Things About 1977