This Map of Michigan is Based on the Most ‘Wikipedia-ed’ Person in Every City
This is a little different way to look at Michigan - what if each city was represented by the most searched-for person on Wikipedia?
The map, from Pudding.cool, does just that. So what would Michigan look like if the cities were replaced with the person most searched for on Wikipedia?
Here are a few:
- Alpena = Leon Czolgosz (President McKinely's Assassin)
- Menominee = Mitzi Shore (comedy club owner and Pauly Shore's mom)
- Ludington = Murphy Jensen (tennis player)
- Muskegon = James Osterberg (Iggy Pop)
- Grand Rapids = Gerald Ford (38th President)
- Owosso = Thomas Dewey (Governor of New York, namesake of the New York State Thruway)
- Battle Creek = Jason Newsted (Metallica bassist)
- Monroe = Kristie Brinkley (model, Uptown Girl)
- Centreville = Verne Troyer (Mini Me)
- Benton Harbor = Ernie Hudson (Ghostbuster)
- Kalamazoo = Huma Abedin (Chief of Staff for Hillary Clinton)
- Detroit = Marshall Mathers (eater, regurgitater of mom's spaghetti)
Roll through the map yourself and find hundreds of other fascinating connections you've likely never known before.