Michigan’s Top 6 Amazing Sand Dunes
Michigan is well known for huge sand dunes and we have more than 300,000 acres of sand dunes that have breathtaking views.
Some of these sand dunes here in Michigan have been getting national acclaim for their beauty.
According to michigan.org, here are Michigan's Top 6 amazing sand dunes:
1. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. I've been there so many times and we keep going back because Sleeping Bear Dunes is not only beautiful, it takes up 35 miles of Lake Michigan's eastern coastline. Also voted one of America's Top 10 Family Destinations by Family Fun Magazine.
2. Saugatuck Dunes State Park. What's not to love about Saugatuck? "Saugatuck Dunes State Park offers 2.5 miles of shoreline. The park has fresh water coastal dunes that are over 200 feet tall. Another beautiful area with steep slopes to rolling hills." (michigan.org)
3. Silver Lake Sand Dunes. My mom took us to Silver Lake Sand Dunes all the time. What a fun place to enjoy a secluded strip of Lake Michigan's shoreline. We would go swimming, climb the sand dunes, bbq, and just bask in the sun all day. This park offers 2.5 miles of shore line.
4. Grand Sable Banks and Dunes. "The best place to view is from the trail beginning at the Sable Falls parking area. Five square miles of Grand Sable Dunes are perched atop the 300 foot high Grand Sable Banks. A portion of the Grand Sable Dunes is set aside as a Research Natural Area." (michigan.org)
5. Warren Dunes State Park. What is it about sand dunes that makes them so much fun to climb and roll back down or run back down as well? Warren Dunes has three miles of shoreline, six miles of hiking trails and is open year round. Warren Dunes has a dune formation that rises 260 feet above the lake with incredible views.
6. Arcadia Dunes. I've heard great things about Arcadia Dunes. Hike the trails and enjoy the majestic views from Old Baldy, a dune overlooking Lake Michigan. Arcadia Dunes offers everything from beginner to more challenging trails for hiking and mountain biking. What a great place to take the kids before the end of summer!
Now you have several Sand Dunes in Michigan to choose from. All of them offer breath- taking views and lots of fun for everyone along Lake Michigan's great shoreline. (michigan.org)