Michigan Gyms Can Open Tomorrow, Here Is What You Need To Know
Michigan gyms can reopen tomorrow, Wednesday, September 9th. Before you pack your gym bag, here are some things you need to be aware of of - first things first, you will be required to wear a mask while working out.
Along with mandatory mask wearing, here are other guidelines gyms must follow according to the Detroit Free Press,
- Gym owners should try to offer outdoor workout opportunities.
- Capacity will be limited to 25%.
- The size of fitness classes must be reduced to enable 6 feet of separation between attendees.
- Equipment must be regularly disinfected and hand sanitizer or soap and water must be made available to clients.
- The gym must increase the circulation of outdoor air as much as possible by opening windows and doors or using fans.
- Steam rooms, saunas, Jacuzzi's and cold-plunge pools will be closed
I think it all makes sense. My questions really only concern the 25% capacity rule. I wonder if gym goers will be given a set time to work out, as in you can only be inside the gym for an hour, so other people can come in. I don't know if this will be the case, I am purely speculating. I think it makes sense though.
My other question is simple - are you ready to go back to the gym? Will you be the person waiting in line for doors to open so you can get back on that treadmill, or weight machine? If you are heading back this week, let me know how it goes. I am up in the air about it, and would appreciate your thoughts.