Kids and Parents Celebrate First Day of Summer
Since we all get to celebrate the first day of summer on Saturday, June 20, why not pass along some summer fun ideas for kids and parents.
You just can't beat the summer months when it comes to keeping the kids busy with great ideas and of course parents are a huge part of summer fun.
I remember how I spent most of my summers when I was a kid, nothing but biking, swimming, barbecuing, camping, family vacations, outdoor games, and so much more.
Let's keep kids and parents busy this summer with really fun ideas. According to verywellfamily.com, here are several ideas for a great summer:
1. Build a fort- Put pillows in the living room or cardboard boxes in the yard. This is a great summer activity for the whole family.
2. Staycation-Summer is ideal for a few staycation experiences. If you have friends visiting, bring them along to see what's special in your area.
3. Go to a flea market or garage sale. See if the kids are better negotiators than you.
4. Eat at the counter of a diner. Let the kids enjoy greasy food and milkshakes.
5. Get Artsy-String beads. Beading projects can be as simple or complex as you choose.
6. Create a summer mural-stretch a long piece of white craft paper across a wall in the basement or garage and create a family mural.
This is part two of summer fun ideas for kids and parents so that you can make the most of summer and have long lasting family memories! For more summer fun ideas, check out verywellfamily.com.