Jackson Church Receives Historical Plaque
A historic church in Jackson unveiled its new National Registry of Historic Places Plaque.
According to WILX-TV 10, local leaders, clergy, churches, and the community gathered Sunday as the plaque was unveiled at First Congregational Church UCC at 120 North Jackson Street.
The building was built 1859-1860 prior to the American Civil War. The church was the sending off spot of the local forces, "Jackson Blair Cadets" and the Jackson County Rifles, to fight in the war.
The church was placed on the registry in July 2017. Click on the above link for more information.