Greater Lansing Area Featuring Holiday Activities to Enjoy
Skies the limit when it comes to spreading holiday cheer during this festive time of year. We just celebrated "Silver Bells in the City" which was absolutely spectacular.
Now it's time to focus on even more fun during the holiday season. For example:
1. Picking out your own Christmas tree.
2. Decorating you home with Christmas lights.
3. Taking the kids to see Santa.
This is what I'm talking about. These are the types of things that help make the holiday season what it is, festive and fun!
Here are several holiday activities to enjoy, courtesy of the Lansing State Journal:
1. Meet Santa at the Meridian Mall. The mall is right there in my neck of the woods called Okemos. I've been shopping at the Meridian Mall for years and I always know the arrival time of Santa. This is a very popular spot for jolly St. Nick. Parents bring their children from all over the Greater Lansing area to visit with Santa at the Meridian Mall.
2. Potter Park Zoo Wonderland of Lights. This holiday season marks the 37 annual Wonderland of Lights event. It opened on November 20, the day after Silver Bells in the City took place in downtown Lansing. You'll see thousands of beautiful Christmas lights throughout Potter Park Zoo with plenty of Christmas music playing in the background. It's open Thursdays through Sundays and ends Dec. 26.
3. Christmas Tree shopping. There are several Christmas tree farms to choose from in the Greater Lansing area. One of those tree farms is called "Tannenbaum Farms," which is located in Mason. Love this place too. Pick out your perfect Christmas tree and enjoy hot coco by the pond at Tannenbaum Farms.
4. Mason Holiday Celebration. Speaking of Mason, this Friday Nov. 26, enjoy their 20th annual holiday celebration. Mason will celebrate with a tree lighting and their own holiday parade. It runs from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.