Golf Courses Every Michigander Should Play in Greater Lansing
I didn't take up golf until I was about 40 years old. The biggest reason for that is because I thought golf was a stupid game until I decided to give it a try.
I've been playing golf ever since then and really enjoy playing the game. Once you have the right equipment, take several lessons, and hit golf ball after golf ball at the practice range, then it's time to play 18 holes on your favorite Greater Lansing golf courses.
I came up with my very own personal list of favorite golf courses to play in the Greater Lansing area. These are my top 5 picks:
1. El Dorado Golf Course in Mason. Eldorado Golf Course is located 15 minutes south of the State Capital and Michigan State University. It's a 27 hole golf course with a chipping and practice putting green along with a driving range. Here's more from eldorado27.com.
2. Hawk Hollow Golf Course in Bath. Another beautifully kept up golf course. The fairways are pristine as well as the greens and everything in between. Hawk Hollow features 27 holes of Championship Golf. Plan on using every club in your golf bag. Check out eagleeyegolfclub.com
3. Groesbeck Golf Course in Lansing. This is a very challenging city golf course which features 18 holes of golf. I've played many rounds of golf and enjoyed every round at Groesbeck. It's a golf course for all skill levels. Groesbeckgolfcourse.com.
4. Willow Wood Golf Club in Portland. A very challenging golf course to say the least. It's one of my favorites and one of the hardest golf courses I've ever played. Willow Wood opened up back in 1998 and has been open ever since. If you get the chance, play it this summer and let me know what you think. Willowwoodgc.com.
5. Indian Hills Golf Course in Okemos. I live about 5 minutes away from this 9 hole golf course. It's just off E. Grand River in Okemos. It's very well maintained and one of the better golf courses around. It's fun to play and everyone I know speaks highly of it. Ihcustomgolf.com.
Hope you enjoyed reading my top 5 favorite Greater Lansing area golf courses, what are your top 5?