At least half of all Americans are fully vaccinated as we continue this journey through the coronavirus pandemic.

Whether you're vaccinated or not, the Delta variant is the latest strain of COVID-19. It's more contagious and it's certainly important enough to pay close attention to when it comes to safety measures.

99.1 WFMK logo
Get our free mobile app

I have to tell you that I am fully vaccinated and still have fears about catching this deadly virus.

My wife and I went to Comerica Park to watch the Detroit Tigers play a game on Friday, August 13, and hardly anyone at the ball park was wearing a mask and either was I. Yet we know the Delta variant is out there.

I still try to follow protocols when it comes to wearing a mask and doing what's right, but there are a lot of people out there who seem like they don't care one way or another.

Even if you are fully vaccinated, that doesn't mean you couldn't be hit with the Delta variant.

According to

Based on information gathered from UC Davis Health, here are some of the most common symptoms that do show up in fully vaccinated people who test positive for Delta variant of COVID-19.

1. Cough

2. Fever

3. Headaches

4. Loss of sense of smell

This looks very similar to the standard COVID-19 symptoms that we've known about for the past year and a half or so. adds:

Health professional expect about 90% of fully vaccinated individuals to be protected by one of the three vaccines approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the remaining 10% of those vaccinated to be at risk for infection.

READ MORE: Inspiring Stories From the Coronavirus Pandemic

The Funniest Coronavirus Memes & Tweets That Will Get Us All Through This

More From 99.1 WFMK