Best Outdoor Summer Camps in Michigan
Overnight summer camps in Michigan give kids the opportunity to try out new activities. Some of those activities include archery, kayaking, rock climbing, hiking and more.
Camping under the stars can be so much fun. I was in the boy scouts many years ago and we would go camping all the time. We even camped out during winter at one point. I can honestly say that camping during the winter months is not fun at all.
But let's talk about the best outdoor summer camps in Michigan:
1. Black River Farm and Ranch-located in Croswell, Michigan. Described as paradise at the end of a dirt road. This is an overnight camp for girls 6-16 which focuses on horsemanship and includes riding lessons with the horses each morning.
2. Camp Carvela-located in Frankfort, Michigan. A co-ed camp that prides itself on being unplugged. Outdoor adventures include scavenger hunts and real life fort building in the woods to Voyageur canoe rides, paddle boarding, lake games and more.
3. Camp Miniwanca-located in Shelby, Michigan. This American Youth Foundation camp welcomes kids entering grades 3-12. Activities include swimming and archery, plus adventure trips for older campers with biking, hiking, canoeing and more.
4. YMCA Camp Ohlyesa-Located in Holly, Michigan. This camping experience includes plenty of fun and a strong emphasis on character building and cultural awareness.
5. Stoney Creek Nature Center Day Camp-Located in Shelby, Michigan. Kids ages 7-12 get up close and personal with the park, nature center and the creatures that call it home. Plus go fishing and canoeing, take tractor drawn wagon treks and so much more.
For more great summer camps in Michigan, please click on metroparent.com.