Alcohol Related Crashes Totals $44 Billion
According to cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety, every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol impaired driver.
When you break that down, it means one death every 50 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol related crashes totals more than $44 billion.
This has been a big problem for quite some time now, let's take a look:
1. in 2016, 10,497 people died in alcohol impaired driving crashes, accounting for 28% of all traffic related deaths in the United States.
2. Or the 1,233 traffic deaths among children ages 0-14 years in 2016, 214 involved an alcohol impaired driver.
3. In 2016, more than 1 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
4. Drugs other than alcohol are involved in about 16% of motor vehicle crashes.
5. Marijuana use is increasing and 13% of nighttime, weekend drivers have marijuana in their system.
Thankfully, there are effective measures that can help prevent injuries and deaths from alcohol impaired driving.
Please click on the above link for more information.