5 Reasons Why Underage Drinking is Dangerous
I am a firm believer that know one should drink under the age of 21 and there are several reasons why.
Let's just be honest, underage drinking is dangerous. Drinking too much and at too early an age, creates problems for teens, for the people around them, and for society as a whole.
Here are the Top 5 reasons why underage drinking is dangerous:
1. Underage drinking is the number one cause of death among youth under 21 years.
2. Drinking causes many injuries. There are more than 150,000 emergency room visits each year by youth under the age of 21 for alcohol related injuries.
3. Consequences on your health. It damages the heart, liver, pancreas, and other organs and leads to numerous problems with them.
4. Drinking alcohol is particularly harmful to teen development because it can cause significant cognitive or learning problems and make the brain more prone to alcohol dependence.
5. Drinking may cause students to have trouble in school. Kids who drink are more likely to get poor grades and often have problems with social interaction.
Drinking is illegal for youth under 21 in the United States. People aged 12-20 drink almost 20% of alcohol consumed in the United State and there are over 10.8 million underage drinkers. Here's more from nobelcoaching.com.