5 Best Michigan Winter Family Vacations
I think it's time to get a head start on this whole winter thing by writing an article about the 5 best Michigan winter family vacations.
Before you know it, all of Michigan will be covered in a blanket of snow and that only means one thing, time to plan a winter destination getaway.!
Even though there are great places to visit here in Michigan, everyone should come up with their own top 5 list of Michigan's best winter vacations.
It doesn't matter whether you enjoy skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating, or even snowboarding, there are plenty of options to choose from.
So here are my top 5 best Michigan winter family vacations:
1. Mackinaw City. First of all, I've never been to Mackinaw City during the winter months and I'll bet it's truly amazing. IT's such a beautiful area to begin with, just add in shopping, dining, the Mackinac Bridge, and what about cross country skiing?
2. Avalanche Bay at Boyne Mountain Resort. This is a great spot for your entire family. You still get the great view of winter on the outside, yet on the inside, nothing but water fun for everyone. The last time my wife and I went to Boyne Mountain Resort was during summer with no snow on the ground. Avalanche Bay is the largest indoor waterpark in Michigan.
3. Munising and Marquette. I've chosen these two Upper Peninsula destinations for one reason and for one reason only, to find actual frozen waterfalls. Yes, waterfalls do freeze over and I hear they are a sight to see. It would be fun to stay somewhere nice and cozy in the U.P., and then search for frozen waterfalls. Talk about picturesque.
4. Frankenmuth. This is the perfect winter getaway. And with Bronner's Christmas store right there, you can purchase all kinds of ornaments for your home and your Christmas tree. Once the shopping is done, it's off for a world famous Frankenmuth chicken dinner. There's nothing like it.
5. Traverse City. One of my favorite winter destinations in all of Michigan. There's just so much you can do in Traverse City. Winter time is the best time for skiing and snowboarding. And if you don't mind doing a little winter shopping, that can be fun too. You can always take a fun wine tour or spirits tour while you're there.
Now it's your turn, come up with your own top 5 list of the best Michigan winter family vacations. Take a look at several more, courtesy of familydestinationsguide.com.