Lame Excuses Given for Skipping Work
In a recent survey of 3,100 workers and 2,200 hiring managers conducted by Career Builder, comes a list of the top lame excuses given for skipping work.
Fewer people this year than last have called in sick when they weren't, 28 percent to 32 percent. However, 11 percent in the survey did admit telling the boss they wouldn't be in because the weather was lousy.
Just whatever you do, avoid social media on the day you're out. The survey found that 24 percent of employers said they caught their worker in a lie by checking social media, and of that group, 22 percent fired the unfortunate people.
Here they are, the top lame excuses given for skipping work:
1. I just put a casserole in the oven.
2. My plastic surgery needed some tweaking to get it just right.
3. I was sitting in the bathroom when my legs fell asleep. When I stood, I fell and broke my ankle.
4. I woke up in a good mood and don't want to ruin it.
5. I tried to dry my uniform in the microwave and it caught fire.