Why is Michigan the Very Best State?
If you're a true Michigander, then you already know why Michigan is the very best state. There are so many great reasons as to why Michigan is the best state.
I love Michigan because I'm from Michigan and I think I've vacationed in just about every nook and cranny of this beautiful state.
But why is Michigan the best State? According to mlive.com, there are several really good reasons:
1. The Great Lakes. How many of you have been to at least 4 out of the 5 Great Lakes? Michigan is the only state that touches four of the five Great Lakes. Michigan is home to the longest freshwater coastline of any U.S. state.
2. The Upper Peninsula. Here's yet another great fact about Michigan. We are the only state in the U.S. comprised of two peninsulas. Marquette is the largest city in the U.P., and one of my favorite places to visit.
3. The food. Okay, this category is just endless. The food here in Michigan has its own unique flavors.
4. The Mackinac Bridge. On Nov. 1, 1957, a Chevy station wagon became the first car to drive across the water from the Lower Peninsula to the Upper Peninsula. At the time of its construction, the Mighty Mac was declared the world's longest suspension bridge between two anchorages.
5. The Beer. Michigan's definitely earned its nickname as "The Great Beer State." Michigan is 5th in the country when it comes to the number of breweries, micro breweries and brew pubs, and we're home to Beer City, USA.
6. Summertime. No doubt about it. Just think about what Michigan has to offer during summertime. Things like late sunsets, beaches, bonfires, boating, barbeques, and so much more.
7. The Best Nature. This includes Sleeping Bear Dunes, Pictured Rocks, and Waterfalls. Michigan's wild scenic spaces are nothing short of a gift.
There are endless reasons why Michigan is the very best state. And everyone has their own reasons why. Why do you think Michigan is the best state? Check out more at mlive.com.