Top Michigan Outdoor Activities For Fall
The first official day of fall begins on Wednesday, September 22, and with that comes fun outdoor activities for the fall season.
I can honestly say besides summer, fall is one of my favorite seasons. Fall is so beautiful with the changing colors of all the leaves, cider mills, pumpkin spice, Halloween, and even hayrides.
One of my favorite things to do in fall is visit Uncle John's Cider Mill. Drinking cider, eating donuts, and listening to music is a couple of great reasons to visit Uncle John's Cider Mill.
Here are some of the best outdoor fall activities courtesy of farmersalmanac.com:
1. Go on a nature hike. There are wonderful places in the Greater Lansing area for nature hikes. You can head to just about any park in this area and spend lots of time looking around at what nature has to offer.
2. Take a hayride. Simply a blast. I used to go on hayrides years ago when I went to South Baptist Church in Lansing. It's best to dress in old clothes for a hayride to remember.
3. Have a bonfire. Who doesn't love a good bonfire in the backyard. It's such a cozy and relaxing feeling hanging out by the campfire, especially on a cool fall night. Roasting marshmallows and making smores is the happening thing to do.
4. Make a leaf pile and jump in. This is such a blast for kids and even for adults. We do this every fall by raking all the leaves into a huge pile in the backyard and then just jumping in. Makes for great family photos.
5. Visit the pumpkin patch. Finding the perfect pumpkin can be a lot of fun during fall. You can simply go to your nearest family store, or head out to your nearest pumpkin patch and pick out a Halloween pumpkin.
Fall is one of the best seasons ever and enjoying outdoor activities makes it all worthwhile. Farmersalmanac.com has the activities you're looking for.