Things to do When it’s Too Cold Outside
Let's face it, it's been very cold outside lately here in the mid-Michigan area. Wind chills this weekend will reach anywhere from -2 to-3 below zero.
Forget about the cold because there is always something you can do to entertain yourself during the cold winter months.
Let's start out with a few of my favorite choices. Things to do when it's too cold outside:
1. Host an NFL football party. This weekend would be perfect for that because it's all about the NFL playoffs. Invite your favorite friends over to watch the big games on the big screen. Order food, have a few beverages, and cheer on the Rams and former Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford.
2. Binge watch your favorite Netflix series. My wife and I do this all the time. We're currently watching season 4 of Ozark, staring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. What a great show.
3. Make hot chocolate. Easy to do on a cold weekend and so delicious.
4. See Frozen at the Wharton Center. Frozen is on stage at the Wharton Center for two weeks. It runs through Sunday Feb. 6. The show is absolutely fantastic.
5. Do a random act of kindness. This is a given anytime or anywhere. Just do something nice for someone and feel good about it. It could be anything from opening a door to donating food to a family in need.
6. Go tubing or sledding. This is fine as long as you dress warm and you enjoy being outside in colder weather. One of the best places to go to is Hawk Island Park off Cavanaugh Road in Lansing.
Take a look at bucketlistjourney.net for more great ideas on what to do when it's too cold outside.