VIDEOS: Lansing’s Northside Drive-In Theater
The Northside Drive-In theater opened in 1952 and closed in 1988. It was located at US 27 and Stoll Rd. and held 400 patrons.
There was a stage in front of the screen where rock bands would play from time to time - even a not-yet-famous group called Rush, who performed there in 1974. These shows were dubbed "Northside Concerts" and didn't kick up enough momentum to keep going.
Check out the video above and the video below, depicting views of the final days & demolition of Lansing's classic Northside Drive-In theater.