Michigan Voting Do’s & Don’ts Today
Headed to the polls today to vote? Outstanding. You might wanna wear your favorite political t-shirt with your favorite candidate/party or issue/cause you stand behind...or against. And you might wanna take a selfie while you're voting. All big NO NO's when you go vote today. Here's a shortlist of things to know. Do's and Don'ts when you go vote today. AND PLEASE VOTE TODAY.
- Bring your photo ID. If you don't have one, you can still vote. More on that here.
- Know your voter information.
- Who and what you're voting for. Peep the ballots here.
- Know that the polls are open today from 7 am to 8 pm.
- If your schedule permits, please consider avoiding the peak voting hours of 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Go when you can but during peak hours, you could expect some long lines.
- On Election Day, please be patient and courteous to poll workers (your neighbors!), who are working long hours on Election Day to ensure that your vote counts.
- If you've got questions before you head to the polls, head here - www.Michigan.gov/vote
- Leave when the polls close. If you're still in line when the polls close at 8 p.m., you still have the right to vote.
- Take a “ballot selfie”. Outside the polling place with your "I Voted" sticker is fine. Inside. No bueno.
- Wear campaign gear. That's a no no. No hats, pins, t-shirts. Michigan has a ban on any display of election-related materials within 100 feet of a polling place. You will be asked to cover it up or remove it. (Michigan Radio)
Follow the links if you have more questions. Definitely head HERE.