Major Stores Are Helping Teachers With Their Classroom Needs
They are not only helping teachers, but are investing in our children future.
Growing up with both parents as elementary school teachers, I witnessed first hand how their money was not their own. With cut backs in the schools they purchased the supplies for their rooms , they had to keep up on their continuing education and trying to raise a family things were tough.
Being a teacher is a labor of love.
Many people are unaware that teachers buy things for their classrooms like...
- Hand Sanitizer
And those are just the common items they need. Some teachers even supply food and snacks for children that need a meal.
USA Today claims that the average salary for a Kalamazoo Teacher is $32,323.00 per year. That is not much per year if you consider that they have a college education (most likely paying off student loans), attempting to buy a home or simply pay rent, and have some extra pocket money. With that in mind, a number of well known retails are trying to help teachers out as the new school year quickly approaches!
USA Today compiled a list of businesses giving teachers a discount prior to stepping into their classrooms this year...
- Dollar General is offering teachers 20% off stationary when they show a valid school ID through Sept. 7.
- Michaels has an everyday teacher discount with 15% off an entire purchase with a valid school ID. But from Sunday through July 20, teachers get 20% off their entire purchase and a special gift with purchase that will be available while supplies last.
- Teachers save 15% on purchases daily at the arts and crafts store when they register at www.joann.com.
- From July 13-20, Target is offering teachers an in-store and online 15% discount on school supplies and essentials, adult clothing and accessories and more.
- Staples is holding "Back to School Block Party" two-day events for students, parents and teachers at all stores nationwide with giveaways and a 20% school supply shopping pass. Find out when your local Staples' party is at www.staples.com.
- From July 14 through Sept. 28, teachers will receive 20% back in store rewards on qualifying in-store purchases when they present a coupon, a valid teacher ID and a rewards number at checkout. The coupon will be posted at www,officedepot.com/teachers
- Through Sept. 28, Meijer is offering teachers a 15% discount on school and home office supplies.
- Barnes & Noble offers educators a 20% discount on qualifying purchases year-round. But on weekends this summer starting July 20 and through Sept. 15, the bookseller is holding Back-to-School Educator Appreciation Days with up to 25% off.
There are so many wonderful teachers that have made a huge difference in my life and I am pretty sure you can think of one or two yourself! Thank you to all the companies that are not only making teachers life easier, but investing in our future leaders.