FireKeepers Casino Opening Monday, June 1st with Precautions in Place
FireKeepers Casino has joined the ranks of many casinos in Michigan as they plan to open their doors to the public on Monday.
As many of you know, I am a huge fan of casinos. I went to Las Vegas for the first time last year in October and again in December. Casinos are exciting to me. The lights, the sounds, the risks, the big wins, and more just make my experiences a lot of fun. I would say that hitting the casino with friends is one of my top three favorite extracurricular activities. It's right up there with golf and camping.
With the state beginning to loosen up in some aspects, many of the tribal casinos have either opened or have plans to open soon. FireKeepers Casino is one of them. FireKeepers plans to reopen to the public this coming Monday, June 1st. In order to keep social distancing and make it the safest environment possible for guests and staff, they have protocols in place that everyone will have to follow.
Some of the changes you will see include:
- All guests and staff will be required to wear a mask or facial covering at all times.
- Temperature screenings will take place at the door.
- Poker tables, Bingo, Mijem Buffet and Chi Mon-ee's will still be closed.
- Parking Garages and self-serve beverage stations will be closed.
- No valet parking will be available, but the valet area can now be used for dropping off and picking people up.
- The pool and fitness areas will be closed.
- No bus groups will be allowed.
- Smoking will only be permitted in designated areas outside of the casino.
- and more.
I understand that everyone has their own view of how things should happen in the future and that is totally okay. We can all disagree and still get along. Don't take this as an opportunity to fight with others. We are all doing what we see best in our own minds!
For those of you that plan to hit the casinos, good luck and be respectful and safe!
Source: FireKeepers Casino