Favorite Spring Activities For the Whole Family to Enjoy
Spring is my favorite time of the year because it's not to hot and it's not to cold. I like to call it perfect weather for fun things to do with the whole family.
I decided to come up with my own list of what I like to do in spring.
Here's my top 5 list of favorite things to do in spring:
5. Go Hiking. I love to hike and my wife and I love hiking at the Ledges at Fitzgerald Park in Grand Ledge. I've been going to this park for many years because I find it very interesting. This park features 300 million year old rock formations that you can climb and it's right next to the shore of the Grand River. It's very cool!
4. Organize a family softball game. My family and I do this every year and we have a blast doing it. We get our family together with food and drinks kept in coolers and just play an old fashioned game of softball. And yes we count errors! (Lol)
3. Plant flowers. I know this sounds crazy, but my wife and I love planting new flowers in the spring. We go all over the place looking for fresh flowers including Van Atta's, Home Depot, Lansing Gardens, and more. My wife and I design a new flower bed every spring and plant our top picks every single year.
2. Go to a local park. I find this very relaxing and very educational at times. We always make a trip to Potter Park Zoo in Lansing just to see if there are any new animals at the zoo. I like to read information about the park as well as information about what new animals might be there in the spring and summer months.
1. Go for a walk. Believe it or not, my wife and I get so much out of taking walks. Not only really good exercise, but you get to meet different people along the way and even get new ideas for your home by just looking at what other people do to make their homes look so nice. We get great landscaping ideas.