Bring on the Fun With Snow Tubing in Michigan
Winter in Michigan can be so much fun especially when it comes to your favorite snowy activities.
And since we're about to get even that much more snow here in Michigan, I say it's about time to get outside and go snow tubing!
There's nothing like snow tubing down your favorite hill, breathing in the crisp cold air and taking in the beautiful Michigan scenery. This sounds like the perfect way to spend an afternoon or even a weekend. (Michigan.org)
Let's take a look at several tubing spots in Pure Michigan:
1. Timberlee Hills in Traverse City. This is such a fun place for the whole family. Timberlee Hills claims the title of the biggest tubing/sledding hill in Michigan. There are no set lanes, no height restrictions, nothing but pure family fun.
2. StoneyCreek Metropark in Shelby Township. There are plenty of sledding hills at Stoney Creek. You can also partake in snowshoeing and cross country skiing for a full, fun winter day.
3. Shanty Creek in Bellaire. Tubing here at Shanty Creek, boasts eight snow tubing lanes. Plenty of fun for everyone. For those who want to explore other winter activities, there's lots of skiing and dogsled rides too.
4. Gladstone Sports Park. If you're looking for a great snow tubing experience in the Upper Peninsula, look no further than Gladstone Sports Park. You can also go downhill skiing, ice skating, or take lessons through the lodge.
5. Hawk Island Park in Lansing. Nothing but picturesque snow covered trails for exciting snow tubing. Snow tubing fans love Hawk Island Park. You can slide down one of the designated lanes on their 16 foot wide snow tubing hill. End the day with hot chocolate around a campfire. (Michigan.org)