Best Michigan Zip Line Courses
If there's one thing I've always wanted to try at least once, it's zip lining. Even to this day, I still haven't done it. It's not about being afraid of heights, it's the fear of the rope breaking and down I go. (LOL)
There are several zip line courses that are considered the best in Michigan. "Zip line courses have become more and more popular with all ages enjoying flying at breakneck speeds through treetops." (Detroit Free Press)
Let's take a look at some of the best zip lines here in Michigan:
1. Tree Runner Adventure Park. This obstacle course adventure park is in West Bloomfield. They have six beginner courses, two intermediate courses and two expert courses.
2. Mt. Holiday Zip Line. Mt. Holiday has eight different zip lines that allow adventurers to experience scenic views of northern Michigan. According to the park's website, you'll fly at speeds of 25 to 30 mph.
3. Wildwood Rush Zip Line Canopy Tour. This place is just outside of Boyne City. "Wildwood Rush has over 7,000 feet of zip lines, five suspended sky bridges and views of Lake Charlevoix from its six tree top platforms." (Detroit Free Press)
4. Go Ape Treetop Adventure. Go Ape's highest platform is 50 feet off the ground, the longest crossing is 71 feet and the longest zip line is over 600 feet.
5. Frankenmuth Aerial Park. This place is unbelievable. The Aerial Park tour has 21 zip lines, six different trails, five difficulty levels and nearly 100 challenges. Who's brave enough to give it a try?
6. Boyne Mountain Zipline Adventure. This zip line course includes nine different lines that allow participants to fly at speeds up to 25 mph.
Fun to be had at each and every one of these zip line locations. (Detroit Free Press)