Best Holiday and Christmas Events in the Greater Lansing Area
Christmas time brings out the kid in every single one of us, including me! We all love Christmas because of so many wonderful reasons.
There's just something special about the holiday spirit that brings out the best in each and every one of us.
Everything from spending time with your family and friends to going downtown to see spectacular Christmas lights as we get ready for "Silver Bells in the City."
Let's take a look at several holiday and Christmas events taking place throughout the Greater Lansing area. (lansingfamilyfun.com)
1. Silver Bells in the City. This is one of the best holiday events ever and it takes place in downtown Lansing on Friday, Nov. 19 starting at 5 p.m. Silver Bells features the incredible electric light parade as well as the lighting of the holiday Christmas Tree in front of Michigan's State Capitol. (dress warm)
2. Potter Park Zoo's Wonderland of Lights. I've been going to Potter Park Zoo since way back when, and I'm here to tell you that the "Wonderland of Lights" is amazing. It opens this Saturday, Nov. 20 at 5 p.m. You'll hear holiday music as you check out all kinds to Christmas light displays.
3. 20th Annual Lighted Parade in downtown Mason. The Mason area is one of the nicest communities in the Greater Lansing area. This event takes place on Nov. 26 at 6 p.m. with a tree lighting and parade.
4. Charlotte's lighted holiday parade. Make a note on your calendar for Nov. 27 at 6 p.m. for Charlotte's annual lighted holiday parade and tree lighting.
5. Mannheim Steamroller at Wharton Center. You already know that this is going to be a great Christmas show at the Wharton Center on Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m. It's not Christmas time without Mannheim Steamroller entertaining us all with festive songs.
6. Wild holidays with Santa at Howell Nature Center. This is a magical place for everyone who enjoys a little hot cocoa and wonderful festive decorations. You may even see Santa at his Christmas Treehouse workshop. (Dec. 4 at 1 p.m.)
Check out lansingfamilyfun.com for holiday and Christmas events.