Peaches Geldof: Heroin ‘Played a Role’ in Her Death
The entertainment world was rocked to the core by the shocking death of Peaches Geldof, who died suddenly at the age of 25 on April 7, leaving behind her husband and two beloved sons. Now, it has been revealed that the British socialite used heroin before she died -- and the drug played a part in her untimely death.
According to TMZ, an inquest into Geldof's death has shown that the TV personality used the drug shortly before she passed away. And though the London Times has reported that she died of a heroin overdose, the coroner is more conservative, saying that the drug is "likely to have played a role in her death." TMZ also reports that it was her husband, Thomas Cohen, who sadly discovered her body in her bed.
As devastating as the news is to begin with, it is twice as tragic considering Geldof's own mother, Paula Yates, died of an accidental heroin overdose in 2000. Geldof was just 11 years old at the time.
Tragically, her own death has left her children without a mother as well. Astala and Phaedra, her young boys with Cohen, are sadly forced to endure the same devastating heartbreak that she suffered as a child.
Shortly after her death, Geldof's father -- musician Bob Gedolf -- released a heartbreaking statement about the loss of his beloved daughter.
"What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?” he questioned.
“We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is,” he continued. “Tom and her sons Astala and Phaedra will always belong in our family, fractured so often, but never broken.”
R.I.P., Peaches Geldof.