LANSING/CHARLOTTE HISTORY: The Duplex Truck Company, 1916-1955
Ever hear of the Duplex Truck Company of Lansing, Michigan?
Actually founded in Charlotte, the company built trucks for the government and other private companies from 1916-1955.
The Duplex is considered to be the first 4×4 truck; and the video above shows many of these vehicles from those years. Along with all the vintage newspaper clippings & ads are many photos of this wonder vehicle – including one where the truck got stuck in the mud…not very flattering.
Their banners read “On time all the time,” “5 to 50 miles per hour” and “Capacity 3,000 to 5,000 lbs.” CLICK THE VIDEO ABOVE and take a peek at this slice of Lansing (and Charlotte) history!